Social Security Card SS-4 Form

Social Security Card SS-4 Form

You can use your Social Security Card SS-4 Form to request a replacement Social Security card if you:

Are an U.S. citizen age 18 years or older with an U.S. mailing address
Are not requesting any other change to your card or a name change; and
Have a valid driver’s license or a state-issued identification card from one of the states.

You will need to reveal the required records, if you CAn’t apply for a card online. We must observe different files depending on the type of card and your citizenship you’re requesting. See Learn What Files You Have To find out what documents you will need to show.

Fill out and print an Application for a Social Security Card; and take or mail your application and documents to your local Social Security office.

We’ll mail your Social Security card as soon as we’ve all of the needed information and have verified the records that are appropriate. Normally, you’ll get your card from the date your application is processed within 10 business days.

Social Security Card SS-4 Form

If you change your name due to divorce, marriage, court order or any other reason, you must tell Social Security so you can get a corrected card. You cannot apply for a card online. There is no charge for a Social Security card. This service is free.

You’ll need to to get a corrected Social Security card:

Reveal the documents that are essential. You are going to need proof of your identity. Occasionally you also may have to prove your current U.S. citizenship or lawful noncitizen status.